Why a Maine Camp?
Families have chosen Maine camps for their children for more than a century.
The state’s immense natural beauty – rivers and lakes, rugged mountains, nearly 3,500 miles of coastline – provides an incomparable setting for outdoor learning and adventure. Maine camps go beyond wilderness immersion, they create environmental stewards and outdoors enthusiasts, and they also help develop skills in sports, visual and performing arts, even robots and rocketry. They foster growth in youngsters while instilling timeless values: teamwork, responsibility, and mutual respect.
Camps, whether public or private, share one mission.
Here are some tangible benefits from spending time at a Maine Summer Camp:
- Create community and friendship through unplugging from 21st century technology
- Encourage initiative, confidence, and leadership skills
- Stimulate an appreciation for nature
- Promote exercise, activities, and play
- Foster experiential learning
Hands-on learning is abundant at Maine Summer Camps, across a broad variety of subjects. This education sticks with kids, and helps foster interests that can carry on to educational pursuits, careers, and lifelong vocations.