MSC Code of Ethics
We, the Member Camps of Maine Summer Camps (MSC), acknowledge our responsibility for the care, welfare, development and education of children who attend our camps, for the community created by us, and for the earth’s environment in which we operate. We are committed to providing the opportunity to attend camp, to all children regardless of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, religion, ancestry, or national origin.
Therefore, the undersigned camp, as a member of MSC, will strive to:
• Provide for a safe and healthy environment for all campers and staff;
• Offer programs that provide activities with measurable outcomes that help campers develop mental, emotional, social and physical health;
• Respect right and dignity of all individuals;
• Operate in a manner that respects the natural environment by:
- Providing programs and activities that develop appreciation of and awareness for the natural environment consistent with camp’s program;
- Operating in a manner that minimizes the camp’s impact on the environment;
• Seek enrollment from broadest spectrum of society;
• Provide a work environment for staff that leads to skill development;
• Operate in a manner that:
- Supports other member camps and the camp community;
- Is responsive to the community in which camp is located.