Become a Camp Member
We are Maine’s only professional association dedicated to organized youth camping! All organized children’s camps that operate in Maine and are licensed by the State of Maine as youth camps, or are operated under the control of another organization by the Department of Health & Human Services, or are not required to be licensed by the Department are eligible for membership. See the membership application below. We also ask that our member camps sign and abide by Maine Summer Camps Code of Ethics.
Your membership helps keep Maine camps safe, informed, and full of happy campers. Here are specific membership benefits:
- List your camp in the Maine Summer Camps Directory for directors and owners, and online at mainecamps.org/find-a-camp/.
- Be included on MSC’s Find-A-Camp search tool to promote your camp and its unique offerings. 225,000 page visits this past year.
- Market your camp. Maine Summer Camps continues to expand its online marketing presence.
- Workshops. Every year MSC offers workshops in September, January, and April. The Education Committee provides first-class workshops on topics such as gender identity and other issues of diversity, digital marketing, planning trips, and STEM in camps.
- Camp Fair. Discounted registration (save $40) at Portland Camp Fair in March. A sell-out event!
- Staffing support. Participate in the private camp directors’ Facebook forum to share staff needs and important camp questions.
- Receive MSC NEWS four times a year.
- Stay informed of legal changes on camp issues. Have a voice in legislative and regulatory issues throughout the year. Receive Action Bulletins, alerting you to breaking issues in the law and camp regulations – don’t risk being out of compliance with new requirements.
- Attend our annual Business Networking Extravaganza held in January, where you can meet with more than 70 of our business members and receive discounts on camp goods!
- Get connected with other camping professionals by attending membership meetings held throughout the year.
- SAVE MONEY. Past advocacy efforts on tax legislation have saved camps money. Why not turn those savings into a membership in MSC, an organization that benefits your camp?
- Special rates for Day Camps. See Membership form for more details.
Your MSC dues are a great investment, and by becoming a member you strengthen all Maine camps. Questions? Call Maine Summer Camps Executive Director Ron Hall at 207-518-9557 or email email@example.com.