Maine Summer Camps is the public face of the Maine Youth Camping Foundation (MYCF), a nonprofit organization representing 100+ Maine summer camps and adventure programs. We strive to enhance the public’s understanding of Maine camps and the values of camping through this website, an annual directory, newsletters, press releases, trainings and conferences.
Helping connect real kids with real camps in Maine
We also maintain a list of camp facilities available off-season for extended use of beautiful Maine locations, and conduct research to illustrate the educational, economic, social and developmental value of camp. Finally, we endeavor to offer members the most up-to-date links to laws and regulations governing licensed Maine summer camps.
Maine Summer Camps is a membership organization of over 100 Maine summer camps & adventure programs. It is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization, governed by an elected Board of Directors.
…is to strengthen and expand the educational, environmental and recreational opportunities provided by all organized Youth Camps in Maine.
We accomplish this by…
- fostering the exchange of information and ideas;
- interpreting and coordinating activities that will enhance cooperation with various private, non‑profit, public, and governmental interests and agencies; and
- identifying and creating research, programs, projects and services that will improve the quality and safety of youth experiences at Maine’s organized camps.
- We welcome as members all organized children’s camps that operate in Maine and are licensed by the State of Maine as youth camps.
- We also offer Business Memberships to those providing products or services to Maine children’s camps. Individual Memberships are also available.
Member camps can access a large collection of camp related resources on a password protected site.
View current state rules for camps.
Every year since 1982, we’ve presented the Halsey Gulick Award to recognize individuals who have distinguished themselves in Maine youth camping. We also recognize camp staff for 25 years of service or more.
Conducted in partnership with the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, JMG is a wilderness camping skills program designed to foster enjoyable, safe and healthy outdoor living experiences for youth aged 9–18. It is offered by various Maine summer camps.
Find public events like camp fairs, and professional conferences and staff trainings on the Events & Training drop down menu.