COVID-19 Resources for Families
In this time of uncertainty and crisis, our wonderful Maine Camps have risen to the occasion with all sorts of ideas to help their families through this time. These include Blog posts with activities, virtual sing-alongs and meetings, and many others. We are so proud of our Camps and the way they have faced this challenge head-on. We would like to share some of these with you – our families! Grab your kids and check these out! And keep coming back as this page will be updated often…
- From Acadia Mountain Guides: New dates for 2020 (May 28, 2020)
- From Camp Kippewa: Bringing Camp Home: How Summer Camp Skills Help Us Wherever We Are.
- From Hidden Valley Camp: Keep up the camp spirit with some HVC-inspired activities!! And head over to see what they’re up to on Instagram.
- From Camp Winnebago: A virtual campfire – with some inspiring messages!
- From the Outdoors Alliance for Kids: Safely Engaging with Nature During COVID-19
- From Kingsley Pines Camp: Nothing better than a Dance Party right now! And here is a virtual Announcement about some fun activities that can be found on their Facebook and Instagram. Here is a schedule of upcoming events with how to join in. Follow them for ongoing virtual activities.
- From Ocean’s Initiative: Virtual Marine Biology Field Camp!
- From Acadia Institute of Oceanography: Short videos on marine science.
- From the Girl Scouts – a great article: How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus
- From Chewonki: There’s a wide selection of projects, lesson plans, videos, and an ongoing schedule for upcoming livestream events
- Link to camps opening and closing for summer 2020 (updated 6/12/2020)