Resident – Private Non-Profit. Boys Camp
- 48 Days, 28 Days, 21 days, 14 Days. 85 Campers
- Ages 8-15
- Tuition: 48 days $8,500; 28 days $6,700; 21 days $5,500; 14 days – $4,000 – 4 sessions.
- Wilderness Trip – Ages 13-15, for 24 days.
- Introductory 13 day Cubs Camp Program available, ages 7-12 only.
- Founded 1926
- ACA Accredited
- 2017 Season: June 25-August 12
Located on Lake McWain in Western ME – Birch Rock celebrates the character development of its campers. Our motto Help the Other Fellow is the foundation of our community. Our natural and nurturing camp program emphasizes the athletic, academic and character development of its campers with a 3:1 camper/counselor ratio in a non-competitive environment. Each camper may select from a variety of structured in-camp activities: sailing, kayaking, canoeing, windsurfing, art, tennis, campcraft, shop, archery, soccer, baseball, basketball, lacrosse, and volleyball. Red Cross Instructional Swimming is mandatory. All boys experience wilderness adventure and overnight canoe/mountain excursions. Veteran and spirited Birch Rock staff return each year to guide campers in gaining confidence in themselves and an appreciation of the world in which they live. Academic one-to-one tutoring available. Library on premises.